Client: Christina Maria Cutler
Skills involved: Web-site Design, Frontend Development, Joomla, SEO, Photography
Tina Cutler is an alternative practicioner specializing in vibrational medicine and Reiki. Since the first meeting I had with her Tina has been very clear: she wanted her web-site not only to have an unique look but she also wanted to be sure it would feel personal, warm and not too commercial.
After a few more conversations with her I've been able to understand the business goals of this project and Tina's design tastes.
Here's the list of the business goals:
- to promote the healing treatments done by Tina Cutler;
- to promote retreats organized by Tina Cutler;
- to promote products sold by Tina Cutler;
- to be informative.
And these are Tina's design tastes:
- The design has to conveys emotions like oness, calmness, universal energy and life force;
- The design shall feature organic elements and textures that recall the idea of nature;
- The design should not convey emotions like coldness, fear, emptyness and any other feeling that recall the idea of medical clinics or pharmaceutical companies;
- The design should not look too commercial;
- The design should target a wide range of population of age older than 20, which is able to read english.
After some research and brainstorming I came up with the design you can see in the screenshots and Tina was very happy about it. After a couple of small changes the design was ready to be converted in a performant and SEO optimized web-site based on the Joomla CMS. The website also has an e-commerce where Tina sells her TLC remedies.
For this project I also did a photo shoot to get the product shots featured in the "products" section.